Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7
The stable blocks and sand arena at the Mc Kee Barracks form part of the complex that dates from the 1890’s which includes numerous buildings previously refurbished by Bourke Builders.
Client: Department of Defence
- Works included the repairs and renovation of the brick facades.
- Removal of cement-based mortar, cleaning, and re-pointing of the brickwork.
- Conservation of features such as the brick columns.
- Refurbishment of the coping stones and partial replacement of the gutters.
- The roof cupolas of stables were conserved and repaired from a state of extensive decay.
- Repairs to roof structure which was re-tiled with clay tiles to match the originals.