Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin 7
The Mc Kee Army Barracks, Dublin are 19th century barrack buildings, listed as protected structures, which have been conserved and renovated by Bourke Builders. Works have been carried out on a number of structures within the complex including the North Accommodation Block which is a red brick four storey structure constructed in 1888.
Client: Department of Defence
- Over 2,500 sq.m. of roof area refurbished on the four-story North Accommodation Block.
- 20 brick feature chimneys conserved and repaired.
- 45 dormer windows conserved and repaired.
- 240 sash windows conserved and repaired.
- 9 metre high octagonal spire or fleche conserved and repaired in situ.
- 3 large decorative roof lights reproduced in our workshop and reinstated.
- Missing architectural details & features reproduced from the original 19th-century architectural drawings.
- Repairs and conservation carried out to brick facades and decorative features.
- Repairs to cast iron gutters.
- Decorative cupolas and lead work reproduced and reinstated.