Ballina, Co. Mayo
A protected structure dating from 1881, designed by Thomas Newenham Deane who also designed the National Museum of Ireland
Client: Mayo Country Council
- Renovated and adapted by Bourke Builders to house over 100,000 historical documents and a museum.
- The building was renovated from an advanced state of disrepair.
- Bourke Builders restored and preserved the existing fabric of the building while also integrating extensive electrical and mechanical services.
- Refurbishment of roof & reinstatement of brick chimneys together with repair of sash windows.
- The brickwork was re-pointed and cast iron gutter repaired and reinstated.
- Decorative interior plasterwork was conserved and repaired.