This former country house dates from 1890 and is located in Crossmolina, Co. Mayo. For many years it was a convent occupied by the Sisters of Jesus & Mary while the building also operated as a secondary school. After their departure, the residential part of the building was converted into school use by the Department of Education.
- Works involved the upgrading of floors, dry lining of walls, construction of concrete stairs and lift shafts together with the construction of a substantial modern extension.
- Extensive mechanical and electrical systems had to be integrated into the existing building.
- Substantial glazed areas, incorporating curtain walling, were a significant feature of this scheme
- As the school was still in use while the refurbishment and extension were taking place, Bourke Builders spent time formulating a plan so as to avoid disruption to the students and teachers